TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This page (combined with other documents referenced within it and within our website) stipulates the Terms and Conditions on which we (Jaffna Delivery) supply goods to you (the customer).
The following Terms and Conditions apply to the purchase of goods listed on our website, www.jaffnadelivery.com, please read these Terms carefully before you submit your grocery order to us. By purchasing order from our site and entering into a contract, please be aware that you are agreeing to be bound under these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you should stop using the website immediately.
No part of this Web Site is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your order constitutes a contractual offer and our acceptance of that offer is deemed to occur upon our sending a dispatch e-mail to you indicating that your order has been fulfilled and is on its way to you.
- DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
In this Agreement the following terms shall have the following meanings
|“Account”||means collectively the personal information, Payment Information, and credentials used by users to access Paid Content and/or any communications System on the website;|
|“Carrier”||means any third party responsible for transporting purchased Goods from our Premises to customers;|
|“Content”||means any text, graphic, image, audio, video, software, data compilation, and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on, or forms part of this website;|
|“Goods”||means any products that Jaffna Delivery advertises and / or makes available for sale through this website;|
|Jaffna Delivery||means Jaffna Delivery, 30, Rue Sylvain Drault, 86 000, Poitiers|
|“Service”||means collectively any online facilities, tools, services, or information that Red Rickshaw makes available through the website either now or in the future;|
|means any details required for the purchase of goods from this website. This includes, but is not limited to, credit/debit card numbers, bank account numbers, and sort codes;|
|“Purchase Information”||means collectively any orders, invoices, dispatch notes, receipts or similar that may be in hard copy or electronic form;|
|“Premises”||means our place(s) of business located at 30, Rue Sylvain Drault, 86 000, Poitiers|
|“System”||means any online communications infrastructure that Jaffna Delivery makes available through the website either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based e-mail, message boards, live chat facilities, and e-mail links;|
|“User” / “Users”||means any third party that accesses the website and is not employed by Jaffna Delivery and acting in the course of their employment;|
|“Web Site”||means the website that you are currently using (www.jaffnadelivery.com) and any sub-domains of this site (e.g. blog.jaffnadelivery.com) unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- AGE RESTRICTIONS
Persons under the age of 18 should use this website only with the supervision of an adult. Payment Information must be provided by or with the permission of an adult.
- BUSINESS CUSTOMERS
These Terms and Conditions are only applicable to consumers and do not apply to customers buying Goods in the course of business. If you are a business customer please consult us on 033579980095 or 033652664648 or email us at email@example.com
- INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS
4.1 If goods are being ordered from outside of France, import duties and taxes may be incurred once your goods reach their destination. Jaffna Delivery is not responsible for these charges and we undertake to make no calculations or estimates in this regard. If you are buying internationally, you are advised to contact your local customs authorities for further details on costs and procedures. As the purchaser of the goods, you will also be the importer of record and as such should ensure that your purchase is in full compliance with the laws of the country into which the Goods are being imported.
4.2 Please be aware that Goods may be inspected on arrival at port for customs purposes and Jaffna Delivery cannot guarantee that the packaging of your goods will be free from signs of tampering.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
5.1 Subject to the exceptions in Clause 6 of these Terms and Conditions, all content included on the website, unless uploaded by Users, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations, page layout, underlying code, and software is the property of Jaffna Delivery, our affiliates or other relevant third parties.
5.2. By continuing to use the website you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable France and International intellectual property and other laws.
5.3. You may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion reuse material from the website unless otherwise indicated on the website or unless given express wrote permission to do so by Jaffna Delivery.
- THIRD-PARTY AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Unless otherwise expressly indicated, all Intellectual Property rights including, but not limited to, Copyright and Trademarks, in product images and descriptions belong to the manufacturers or distributors of such products as may be applicable.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
This Web Site may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Jaffna Delivery or that of our affiliates. We assume no responsibility for the content of such web sites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Web Site does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
- LINKS TO THIS WEBSITE
Those wishing to place a link to this Web Site on other sites may do so only to the home page of the site www.jaffnadelivery.com prior permission. Deep linking (i.e. links to specific pages within the site) requires the express permission of Jaffna Delivery in writing. To find out more please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- USE OF COMMUNICATION FACILITIES
When using the inquiry form or any other System on the Web Site you should do so in accordance with the following rules:
- You must not use obscene or vulgar language;
- You must not submit Content that is unlawful or otherwise objectionable. This includes, but is not limited to, content that is abusive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, ageist, sexist, or racist;
- You must not submit content that is intended to promote or incite violence;
- You must not impersonate other people, particularly employees and representatives of Jaffna Delivery or our affiliates; and
- You must not use our System for unauthorized mass-communication such as “spam” or “junk mail”.
You acknowledge that Jaffna Delivery reserves the right to monitor any and all communications made to us or using our System.
In order to purchase Goods on this Web Site and to use the similar facilities, you are required to create an Account which will contain certain personal details and Payment Information which may vary based upon your use of the Web Site and we may not require payment information until you wish to make a purchase. By continuing to use this Web Site you represent and warrant that:
- All information you submit is accurate and truthful;
- You have permission to submit Payment Information where permission may be required; and
- You will keep this information accurate and up-to-date
Your creation of an Account is further affirmation of your representation and warranty.
It is recommended that you do not share your Account details, particularly your username and password. Jaffna Delivery accepts no liability for any losses or damages incurred as a result of your Account details being shared by you. If you use a shared computer, it is recommended that you do not save your Account details in your internet browser.
If you have reason to believe that your Account details have been obtained by another without consent, you should contact Jaffna Delivery immediately to suspend your Account and cancel any unauthorized purchases that may be pending. Please be aware that purchases can only be canceled until they are dispatched. In the event that an unauthorized purchase is dispatched prior to your notifying us of the unauthorized nature of the purchase, Jaffna Delivery accepts no liability or responsibility and you should make contact with the Carrier detailed in the Purchase Information.
When choosing your username you are required to adhere to the terms set out above in Clause.
Any failure to do so could result in the suspension and/or deletion of your Account.
- REFUSAL OF ORDERS
11.1. “Jaffna Delivery” may reject the acceptance of orders, if:
– the customer is not reachable via telephone/text/ e-mail in case of confirmation of order at “jaffnadelivery.com “.
– If there is outstanding money from a previous order,
– necessary data to process the order (payment means, address, etc..) is missing. (Customer is solely responsible for providing the correct billing and delivery addresses.)
– in case of abused payment or blocked accounts (Order with incomplete payment or non-payment shall be on hold until complete payment is made. In case such orders are not paid within seven days, they shall be automatically canceled and the cancellation charges shall apply).
11.2. Jaffna Delivery reserves the right to decline to trade with any individual or organization. Jaffna Delivery may decline to accept any order, whether or not payment has been received, by giving notice of non-acceptance to the Customer by telephone or email within a reasonable period of receipt of the order by JaffnaDelivey.com. If Jaffna Delivery rejects or cancels an order for which payment has been made, it will refund the amount to the Customer as soon as reasonably practicable.
11.3. To access and use the Jaffna Delivery services, you must register for a Jaffna Delivery account by providing your full legal name, current address, phone number, a valid email address, and any other information indicated as required. Jaffna Delivery may reject your application for an Account, or cancel an existing Account, for any reason, in our sole discretion.
Jaffna Delivery reserves the right to block the customer’s Jaffna Delivery account if deems necessary.
- TERMINATION AND CANCELLATION
Customers can cancel their account at any time without any prior indication. The customer is under no obligation, and therefore cancellation can be conducted at any time through the customer’s account page or by pressing the “unsubscribe link” to any of our correspondence. Once your request has been received, we will cancel your account and let you know as early as possible that this has been completed. Please be mindful that, if we disable your account for any reason, you will no longer be a member and will be unable to log into our website. If you want to enable your account, please request this by notifying us with the same e-mail address.
If the goods have been dispatched or delivered, but you have changed your mind, please give written notice via e-mail of your wish to return the items to Jaffna Delivery within 14 working days of receipt.
You will not be entitled to this cancellation period should the item being considered for return to be something that deteriorates quickly, has a limited expiration date, or is frozen food. These non-refundable goods are defined under the term “perishable food and drink.”
For health and hygiene reasons, the following items sealed for protection reasons will be deemed as used if unwrapped: personal grooming products e.g. hair accessories and styling products, shavers, waxing kits, electric toothbrushes, etc, will therefore be unable to be returned if not in their original unused condition.
Cancellation will be accepted only upon the customer’s written consent. We would request you to send the products back to our warehouse as soon as you can after the cancellation. The consumer has a duty of care for the products during the cancellation period.
You must send the goods back to our below address at your own cost unless we delivered the item to you in error or the item is damaged or defective. In those cases, we will bear the return cost.
30, Rue Sylvain Drault
86 000, Poitiers
If you find any of the perishable goods are damaged or received under quality, please email our customer service team with an image of the product attached within 24hour of receiving it. If the image that you send proves the product to be damaged or under quality, we will refund you the price of the product.
Please note, shipping charges are non-refundable. All canceled orders will only be refunded the full item price as on the invoice, any service charge or shipping charge applied isn’t refunded or canceled.
- GOODS, PRICING, AND AVAILABILITY
- Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that all graphical representations and descriptions of Goods available from Jaffna Delivery correspond to the actual Goods, Jaffna delivery is not responsible for any variations from these descriptions. This does not exclude our liability for mistakes due to negligence on our part and refers only to variations of the correct Goods, not different Goods altogether. Please refer to Clause for incorrect Goods.
- Where appropriate, you may be required to select the required [size] [model] [color] [number] [pack] [other features] of the Goods that you are purchasing.
- Jaffna Delivery does not represent or warrant that such Goods will be available. Stock indications are not provided on the Web Site.
- All pricing information on the Web Site is correct at the time of going online. Jaffna Delivery reserves the right to change prices and alter or remove any special offers from time to time and as necessary. All pricing information is reviewed and updated every 2 months.
- In the event that prices are changed during the period between an order being placed for Goods and Jaffna Limited processing that order and taking payment, you will be contacted prior to your order being processed with details of the new price;
- All prices on the Web Site do include VAT.
- Images may not match 100% of the goods.
- Price mark & Offers mentioned in the product’s top cover are not applicable unless it is mentioned in the website. Due to courier expenses, All Price Marks are applicable only for sale at the shop.
Deliveries start at €50.
your order is less than €50 and the delivery is in Ile de France, please contact our customer services at 033-652664648 or 033-579980095 or email@example.com, they will be able to assist you.
We deliver in Ile de France (by our own delivery service), and the rest of France by our own delivery and carrier services (depending on the order area and time). In Europe, we deliver by courier service only.
14.1. Delivery conditions
– We break all shipping cost down to the weight and size of the parcel for carrier service
– Our 3-5 working day service excludes all perishable items (Frozen, Vegetable, Fruit & Meat) out of Ile de France (except if delivered by our own delivery service). Please get in touch with our customer services (033579980095 or 033652664648 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
– All of our shipping services is tracked and will produce a tracking number except for our own delivery service that may only produce delivery confirmation (especially in Ile de France).
– Some smaller items may be priced up with our shipping structure due to their Volumetric size.
– All shipping timings are estimated and may arrive sooner or later but any updates or changes to parcel timing will be indicated by the tracking number provided by www.jaffnadelivery.com
– We at www.jaffnadelivery.com don’t export or ship all perishable items (Frozen, Vegetable, Fruit & Meat) outside of Ile de France some orders may be canceled or items removed from the invoice. If you need to order perishable items in other areas of France, please get in touch with our customer service by phone 033579980095 or 033652664648 or by e-mail.
– When selecting a delivery slot please make sure you are at home as once the delivery is missed we are not held responsible for refunds or damage.
– www.jaffnadelivery.com may not service some remote areas due to shipping service grey areas, customers will be informed and contacted, in these cases please aware we might add extra charges due to shipping.
– Regarding ‘Fresh Produce’ (Fresh fruits and Vegetables): Fresh produce are only despatched on availability. All fresh produce is ‘bought to order’ – it cannot be canceled after we have procured them for you.
14.2. Delivery in Ile de France
– For orders between €50 to €99, we charge a small fee of €2.00.
– For orders above €100 we deliver free of charge. To qualify for free delivery (applicable in Ile de France only), the customer needs to spend over €100. Free delivery is not applicable to other areas in France nor in Europe for now. For more information please contact our dedicated customer service at 033-652664648 or 033-579980095 refer to our “Delivery Policy” (click here for more information).
14.3. Delivery in other areas in France and Europe
– In all other areas in France (except Ile de France) we have a combined delivery system, our own delivery and the carrier service (depending on the order area and time).
– In Europe, we deliver by courier service only.
– The delivery charges vary according to the weight and size as mentioned in our Delivery Policy.
– Delivery charges are calculated when you check out and are based upon the order value and your location. All charges are based on a maximum weight of 30kg. Please allow 3kg of this for Bags, Glass, Packing Box, etc. so, a parcel has a max 27kg of goods. For larger packages, please contact us before placing your order. Please bear in mind there’s a size restriction too.
14.4. Delivery Schedule
We endeavor to ship your order within 3 working days – Standard France delivery is normally within 3 business days. International orders are generally received in 3 to 5 business days. Our working days are defined as Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. For weekend deliveries, please select the “weekend delivery” option for shipping rates.
Although in all areas of France (except Ile de France) and most EU countries, packets are delivered in 3-5 working days we cannot guarantee this timeframe in all countries. If buying Fruit and Vegetables from us, outside of France, we recommend you try a small sample to satisfy yourself that it makes it in good time before placing larger orders. We do not guarantee the freshness of Fruit and Vegetables outside of France. When you place your order you accept that the risk is with yourself and not Jaffna Delivery.
It may not be possible to deliver all leaf items as some of these items are imported and deliveries are dependent on weather conditions in the country of origin and clearance from customs.
Where delivery instructions are left, i.e. without a signature, we cannot be held responsible for any missing goods. For example, if you request left in a bin where recycling may happen, or, in an outhouse that could be accessed by 3rd parties. The risk lies with you.
Backorders in the unlikely event that an item you ordered is not in stock we reserve the right to substitute it with smaller pack sizes, making up the required quantity, and/or another Brand of similar quality. Failing this we will either a) automatically refund the item or, b) if the item(s) represent a major part of your order, we would email you to advise you of the situation, with potential options, and request your advice on how you would like to proceed.
We endeavor to deliver within 3 to 5 working days but may be delayed due to some extraordinary situations.
If you are unable to receive your parcel please contact us within 5 days of estimated delivery.
- METHODS OF PAYMENT
15.1. Payments can be made using bank transfer, debit card, credit card, and PayPal.
We will dispatch your order as soon as the amount is credited to our account.
DEBIT/CREDIT CARD SAFETY GUIDELINES
- We use the world’s best security to ensure the safety of your credit card.
- SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol is used. All your credit card data is transferred using the strongest encryption possible.
- We use one of the world’s most secure card payment integrator (Powered by Stripe).
- There is no storage of your credit card data anywhere in our database.
In addition to this you need to follow a series of guidelines:
– Ensure that no one else but you have physical access to your card.
– Federal government mandates using credit cards with Chips that can not be cloned (copied) easily.
15.2 We also accept one-time payment against delivery, Cash On Delivery, and card payment on delivery available in a certain areas only.
CASH ON DELIVERY POLICY
– To avail Cash on Delivery Service, all items in the cart should be applicable for Cash on Delivery.
The pin code provided for Cash on Delivery should be in the serviceable area. If not, any online payment mode needs to be used
– Cash on Delivery is only available for our own delivery service, mainly in Ile de France. This is due to limitations of carrier services
– The customer should provide the exact amount on the bill with change as the delivery boy may not carry any change. If the customer didn’t provide us with the correct change then the remaining amount can only be credited to the customer account later
– The order amount has to be paid in full before receiving the package and signing the delivery sheet. The package can be opened only after the payment is made.
CARD PAYMENT ON DELIVERY
Customers in Ile de France have the option of paying by card on delivery with our portable bank card reader. The customer has to have a valid bank card to make this payment, “cash cards” are not usable for this service.
- RETURN POLICY
Jaffna Delivery aims to always provide high-quality Goods that are fault free and undamaged. On occasion, however, goods may need to be returned. Returns are governed by the following terms and conditions.
The following items are excluded from our returns policy: Beauty Products, Food Products, Food Gifts Sets, Incense Products. These products can only be returned in accordance with your legal rights.
Refunds will only be given in accordance with your legal rights on the above products. If your product is faulty, damaged, or unfit for purpose, please contact us. Please note you will be asked to provide photographic evidence of any damaged goods.
You may return other unopened goods within 7-days of receipt and, subject to inspection and acceptance; we will refund or provide a replacement(s) as applicable.
Refunds will only be made via the credit/debit card used for the original transaction. Refunds will have post and packing charges deducted. Where an order qualified for free post and packing, we will deduct our post and packing costs from the refund. We reserve the right to deduct any other charges incurred by us such as credit card transaction fees, picking/packing costs, restocking costs, packaging material, and return postage fees.
To request a refund or replacement please contact us first by e-mail or telephone. We will require you to return the goods, at your cost, to us for inspection. Jaffna Delivery will not be liable for goods that are lost or damaged in transit and recommend that you obtain proof of posting.
Any uncollected packages that are returned to us, which included fresh fruit and/or vegetables, will require inspection before any refund can be offered. Other products that may be stained or damaged by the fruit and/or vegetables will be omitted from the refund.
Any goods dispatched by us in error remain the property of Jaffna Delivery. If you receive any goods by mistake, that wasn’t ordered, please contact us within 7-days to arrange for us to collect them.
We reserve the right to change the sale terms and the Return Policy at any time without notifying the customer.
Summary of customer
If you wish to return anything bought from us, we will be happy to offer refunds or exchanges provided the goods are in a fully resalable condition. In such circumstances, before using the product, please get in touch with our Customer Service Team who will guide you through the process on 033-652664648 or 033-579980095, or e-mail email@example.com and we will get back to you.
The return process of the product can be restricted depending on the nature and category of the product, as outlined in our cancellation policy.
16.1. CONDITIONS FOR RETURN
Please notify us about the damaged goods or defective product, in line with Clause 16 of the T&C.
Products should be returned in their original packaging along with the original price tags, labels, and invoices.
It is advised that the return packets should be strongly and adequately packaged so that there is no further damage to goods in transit.
We do not refund shipping charges or extra service charges
Perishable goods are not refundable but we will do our best to compensate the customer if the damage was caused by us.
Any refund due will be credited within 3-5 working days of us receiving the goods.
Information you provide to us remains confidential. We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act. We collect information about you for two reasons: firstly, to process your order and, secondly, to provide you with the best possible service. You specifically authorize us to transmit information to or to obtain information about you from third parties (including, but not limited to, your debit or credit card number), to authenticate your identity, to validate your debit or credit card, and to authorize the transaction.
18.1. Jaffna Delivery makes no warranty or representation that the website will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. We make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of our services.
18.2. No part of this website is intended to constitute advice and the content of this website should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking action of any kind.
18.3. No part of this website is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance.
18.4. Product: We cannot be held responsible for any Brand’s product quality such as taste, texture, color, Package material, design, etc. of any product we sell. While we are willing to escalate any product related complaint to the manufacturer, we are not responsible for the resolution of such complaints. We can only offer a product return according to the condition above.
Please note that pictures and images on Jaffadelivery.com are only for illustration purpose, actual product may look different than that is shown in the image.
- CHANGES TO THE SERVICE AND THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Jaffna Delivery reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time without notice to you and any changes will take effect on the day they are posted. If we are notified of any inaccuracies or mistakes in the material provided in the site, we will try to correct it as soon as possible. Such changes posted on the website will be deemed as accepted by your continued use of the website and it constitutes your agreement to be bound by the prevailing terms and conditions. You are requested to read these terms and conditions prior to placing an order. Before you place an order, if you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions please contact us at our Customer Service by e-mail or telephone.
- AVAILABILITY OF THE WEB SITE
The Service is provided as-is and on an as-available basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and / or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of the information, compatibility, and satisfactory quality.
Jaffna Delivery accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Web Site resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
21.1. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Jaffna Delivery accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special, or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Web Site or any information contained therein. Users should be aware that they use the Web Site and its Content at their own risk.
21.2. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that these terms and conditions adhere strictly with the relevant provisions of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, in the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid, or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal.
- NO WAIVER
In the event that any party to these Terms and Conditions fails to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy.
- PREVIOUS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any prior versions thereof, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
All notices/communications shall be given to us by post to our Premises (see address above) with a copy by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Such notice will be deemed received on the day of receipt of the letter in the post only.
- LAW AND JURISDICTION
These terms and conditions and the relationship between you and Jaffna Delivery shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law in France and Jaffna Delivery and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of France.
Ideally, our aim is for all our customers to be happy. In the unlikely event that this is not the case, we want to know about it as soon as possible so that we can put it right for you and ensure that it doesn’t happen again.
We aim to resolve any complaints you may have within fourteen working days of receiving it. If this is not possible, because of the investigation not being completed, a progress report will be sent to the complainant. Once we receive the complaint, we will investigate it then contact the complainant to discuss our findings and offer a resolution. Once a resolution is agreed your complaint will be closed and we will email you with a summary.
- RESPONSE TO EMAIL QUERIES
We will attempt to respond to all queries within 1-2 business days.
- UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES
While every effort is made to meet our customers’ demands, cancellations or variations may be necessary as a result of unforeseen circumstances like an Act of God, war, strike, lockout, labor dispute, fire, flood, drought, or other causes beyond our reasonable control.
30, Rue Sylvain Drault
86 000, Poitiers